Pine Whispers

Comments (5)

All Pine Whispers Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• AnonymousOct 24, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I think they should still be assigned

Reply
  • AnonymousOct 22, 2012 at 12:49 am

I like the concept of the new parking rule, but I think everyone would be much happier if the lots were still assigned, but not the numbers.

Reply
  • A

A concerned studentOct 19, 2012 at 10:07 am

I think the new parking regulations are unfair for everyone, epescially Career Center students and seniors. If you get to school later because of the Career Center and don’t get a space, it’s not your fault. Also the senior’s deserve the advantage of the senior lot. It may be frustrating for people to complain about people parking in their spot, but they need to more strongly enforce parking in your designated spot and not just doing away with the whole thing.

Reply
  • A

A senior studentOct 19, 2012 at 8:07 am

I think the new parking is more dangerous. Cars aren’t spread out throughnthe parking lot like the used to be. When you enter the parking lot, people just whip into the closest spaces next to all the other cars, and when it’s time to leave, they’re all in a huge cluster. People who leave for afternoon career center used to be spread out and leaving at noon was easy; now, we are all leaving from the same area and everyone is pulling out at the same time. I’ve had trouble finding a strategically easy spot to back in and to pull out of. I also think that it’s unfair to morning CC students who lost their close parking privledges that they had earlier this year. I also feel bad for juniors whose cars are being written on by seniors for parking in the ex-senior lot. They were told by administration that they can park anywhere, so they should be able to. But many seniors are still claiming the lower lot is their privilege and that juniors should not be greedy in their parking. I don’t really think that’s their call to make….
    As for administration just not wanting to deal with it anymore, they could say that about closed lunch policy, too. But that’s not changing. What is important to students and what is important to administrators unfortunately is and always will be completely different. They’re adults and we’re kids and so therefore every choice they make is always smarter and more beneficial than any argument we could make against it… Right?

Reply
  • A

a teacherOct 19, 2012 at 7:44 am

Although it is understandable that upperclassmen wouldn’t want to lose their “privilege” in the middle of the year, I can see administration’s point of view on having better things to do than sort out parking space battles. It’s also hard in some ways to fault the kids parking in teacher spaces because the blanket announcement went out that “numbers don’t matter any more.” On the other hand, most students are fully aware of where the teachers park, and may be claiming ignorance of the new rule as a sort of game.

Reply
Activate Search
The Student News Site of RJ Reynolds High School
Un-assignment of student parking spaces causes buzz