Pine Whispers

Comments (6)

All Pine Whispers Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• A

Ayhmanii AlstonOct 24, 2013 at 4:39 pm

It’s such a tragic loss, and i’m sure she’s very much missed. Sandra will forever be apart of R.J.R History. Besides anyone that becomes alumni to Reynolds is already loved.

Reply
  • M

Marygrace WardSep 26, 2013 at 10:54 pm

There are only so many ways to say the same thing but at the base this is a horrible thing based off of horrible mindsets. It is comforting to know that people who might not have any personal recollection of 9/11 still understand the importance and tragedy of this event. I have been to the 9/11 memorial and being there is quite remarkable. It is completely silent as everyone walks around looking and reading the names of the fallen. I don’t think anyone who wasn’t there when it happened will fully know what it was like but the memorial surely opens your eyes.

Reply
  • K

Kaaviya SambasivamSep 26, 2013 at 11:41 am

It’s absolutely devestating that this tragedy even occured in the first place. Ignorance, intolerance, racism, and prejudiced mindsets lead to destruction, and it is disgusting that people can’t accept others. It is our human right to believe whatever we think is right, but that doesn’t mean that we can hurt, harass, or ultimately kill anybody else, based on our personal thoughts. RIP Sandy Teague.

Reply
  • H

Hunter OmliSep 25, 2013 at 9:52 am

It’s sad to think that Sandra Teague was on her way to Australia, her first trip out of the country, when this happened. This was a terrible event that happened to such a wonderful person from what I have heard. My thoughts go to her family.

Reply
  • J

Joel MauneySep 11, 2012 at 5:12 pm

It’s great to see this article in Pine Whispers. I was in the band and graduated with Sandy in 1988. She loved being in the band and always was passionate in everything she did. I was new to RJR in 1987 and Sandy stands out as the most welcoming and friendliest of students. If your starting off in a new environment, Sandy Teague was a great person to know! I designed and had the plague made for the 5th Anniversary of September 11. The band played tribute at a football game to her and honored all those who had fallen during that tragic day. In addition to keeping Sandy’s memory alive, the hope is that RJR students of today and the future connect and understand that often what happens on a national and global scale can directly have an impact on our community. Simply refer to Sandy’s family and friends and others in our Winston-Salem community who knew and loved her. Next time you see the Marching Demons taking the field, think of Sandy and her passion for life…and be reminded to live your life to the fullest…as Sandy did.

Reply
    • M

Maggie BirchJan 3, 2022 at 3:02 pm

So sadly we never got to meet Sandy I’m sure she was a great person We only knew about her from Frank “the Yank ”
      We loved him dearly and he often talk about Sandra and what shemeant to him Our hearts are broken xx

Reply
Activate Search
The Student News Site of RJ Reynolds High School
Tragedy of 9/11 touches RJR with loss of Sandra Teague