Senior feature: Katie Reynolds

Mercer Sullivan, Staff Writer

After four years at Reynolds, Katie Reynolds is headed to College of Charleston where she plans to major in communications and take classes in fashion merchandising.

“I’m most excited to meet new people and to live in a city that I genuinely love!” said Reynolds.

Reynolds has spent most of her senior year relaxing and enjoying time with friends as well as playing guitar.

Reynolds began playing guitar her junior year. She also plays ukulele and viola which she played sixth grade to sophomore year.

One of Reynolds’s biggest passions is fashion.

“My favorite thing about fashion is the fact that is the perfect way to express yourself!” Reynolds said. “I also admire high fashion and haute couture.”

Reynolds works hard in and out of the classroom, impressing many of her teachers along the way.

“Katie is a great student,” said French teacher Victoria Schmoyer. “She is diligent, hard-working and creative. Her creativity enhanced many of her projects.”

Reynolds has few regrets leaving high school but encourages others to stay true to themselves.

“If I could change anything about my high school experience it would be the fact that  Iused to worry a lot about what others thought about me.” Reynolds said. “But I now realize that there’s more out there than high school and the people there. I now encourage anyone to be unapologetically themselves even if they go against the norm here.”