Senior Feature: Jelani Keith

Jeda Lee, Staff Writer

In the past four years, you may have seen a man, skinny but defined, that resembles an iced caramel macchiato roaming the hallowed halls of R.J. Reynolds…but this coffee toned man is not a delicious drink but rather Jelani Keith.

“I will miss playing football and lacrosse for Reynolds,” Jelani said.

Keith is involved in many ways at the school to show off his talents. His freshman and sophomore year he played trombone in the school’s marching band, his junior and senior year he moved onto football, and for all four years he played lacrosse

Jelani’s hard work has finally paid off, he has decided to continue his college lacrosse career by committing to Guilford College in Greensboro, North Carolina.

“I am very excited about playing college lacrosse, it has been by dream since I was little and I have worked very hard to get here,” Jelani exclaimed. “My last year of lacrosse didn’t go as planned but it has probably been year I’ve had with RJR lacrosse. “

Senior year has been a struggle for Jelani but that never got him down, he accomplished his goals and is now ready to start a new beginning in his life. Jelani leaves rising seniors with one thing: “Make sure you communicate with your teachers on assignments or anything that could keep you from walking across that stage in June; stay on top of your work.”