Senior Feature: Zoe Ebbitt

Emily Matthews, Staff Writer

RJ Reynolds is home to many well- rounded and balanced students, one of them being senior Zoe Ebbitt. Planning to attend the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Ebbitt is a model student in the eyes of many.

Ebbitt excels in the classroom as a high performing student, as described by her teachers.

“Zoe is a hardworkiing student, who always goes beyond expectations. She does well and works to get the grade she wants” says Career Center AP Government teacher Akwete McAllister. “She is always enthusiastic about class and makes me feel like I am doing a good job.”

Not only does Ebbitt rise above in the classroom, she also works hard on the trails. “My biggest accomplishment of high school would be joining the cross country team” says Ebbitt. “I transitioned from barely being able to run the five minute warm up to running a full 55 minutes after months of hard work.”

Ebbitt’s hard work has paid off for her in many ways. Being accepted to Chapel Hill is evidence of her drive to do great things. According to Ebbitt, her ten year plan is to “get my MBA and become employed at my dream job!”

Ebbitt has been a ray of sunshine to the community and has worked hard to get what she wants. Her accomplishments will serve as a reminder that anything is possible with determination and passion.