Senior feature: Audrey Nelson

audbnelson18

Photo provided by Audrey Nelson

Joy Stansell, Staff Writer

Audrey Nelson has kept busy during her 4 years at Reynolds High school by staying involved in sports and the art classes Reynolds has to offer. Nelson was a part of the [RJR] tennis team for all 4 years of high school and she ran for the track team her sophomore and junior year.  

Nelson enjoyed playing on a team and she will be missing her teammates in the fall when she goes to NC State University.

“My favorite thing [about playing tennis] would be all of the team memories that we’ve created through the years,” Nelson said. 

Although, working as a team isn’t the only thing she learned through playing Tennis. 

“I’ve figured out the hard way that if you think you’re going to lose, you’re going to lose,” Nelson said. “It’s really hard to always have this mental game going and to put up such a front, but at the end of the day, it’s up to you to win. You have to make decisions for yourself on how you’ll play that game which will make or break it. This has helped me become even more independent and more confident with myself.” 

Outside of tennis Nelson enjoys partaking in art classes which were her favorite aspect of Reynolds. 

“My favorite aspect would probably be all the art classes that were offered, which helped me figure out what I want to study in college,” Nelson said. 

While the art classes have helped her narrow down what she possibly wants to study, the answer is still unclear.

“I’m currently undecided,” Nelson said. “Or as they call it, “exploratory studies” which just sounds fancier, so that’s what I tell people.”

When she is not spending her time at Reynolds she is working hard to raise money for college and in her free time, she enjoys spending time with friends. She is looking forward to meeting new people in college.

“I’m most looking forward to all the people I’m going to meet in college and living with my roommate on campus,” Nelson said. “I’m also looking forward to getting involved on campus and figuring out what I want to do with my major.”

As this year comes to a close Nelson is ready to take on the adventures of college. She is attending NC State and is excited to figure out her major.