Quarantine food trends

Quarantine food trends

Caroline McConnico, Staff Writer

Although the world is very divided as of now, there are two things that most everyone can get behind and enjoy together; food and celebrities. During this time of discomfort and disconnectedness, celebrities are finding ways to bring some of their food favorites straight to your home. But are these food trends even worth the trip?

Only a couple of months ago, rapper and musician Travis Scott partnered with McDonalds to bring fans Scott’s signature meal. Including a quarter pounder with Scott’s favorite toppings, barbeque sauce with fries to dip, and a Sprite, the Travis Scott meal has quickly become the world’s biggest new trend. 

“I wanted to try the meal because I saw it was really popular and I wanted to see what everyone was talking about,” sophomore Andrew Adams said. “It really enticed me.”

Adams tried the meal without any expectations, not knowing if it would be good or not. 

“Initially, I thought that it was just a regular burger until I tasted the bacon,” Adams said. “The bacon gave me actual goosebumps.”

Combined with the immense flavor of the meal, the significance of the partnership is a major accomplishment for Scott.

“The meal is significant because it is something that is cheap and affordable,” Adams said. “Because of this, everyone can be a part of this trend, making it very inclusive and exciting.”

While the Travis Scott meal exceeded expectations, another food trend has fallen just below the mark.

Dancer and social media influencer Charli D’Amelio has also hopped onto the fast food partnership trend, by doing a crossover with her favorite coffee spot, Dunkin’. Fans can now indulge in a Dunkin’ cold brew coffee with three pumps of caramel swirl, named after the sixteen year old celebrity.

While it is quite an accomplishment for the young star, the drink did not live up to all of its buzz.

“I don’t think that I would get it again,” sophomore Frannie Wilson said. “It was fine, but definitely overhyped.”

Wilson had wanted to try the drink because of the media presence it and its creator have on almost all platforms. 

“It is such a big deal right now because she is really influential and has so many followers,” Wilson said. “Everyone really knows her and participates in the dances she creates. She is quite significant right now.”

So what will you be trying? The tasty Travis Scott meal or the overrated Charli drink?