Senior feature: Isaac Cooper

George Binkley, Staff Writer

Isaac Cooper, one of Reynolds’ best  musicians, is very active in many things here at Reynolds including jazz band, Pine Whispers and RJR’s Wind Ensemble.

“I had always wanted to play music,” Cooper said. “I have always had the desire to do something that I could share with others and have be enjoyable for many.”

Cooper plays the trumpet and is in love with it. He was accepted into the International Honors Band Performance at Carnegie Hall and played there on on February 7 to February 11.

“I like playing trumpet because it’s fun, relatively cheap to provide maintenance for, and is a great way to connect with others,” Cooper said. “Trumpet has been a great way for me to do that as well as provide a creative outlet that is fun yet disciplinary.”

Cooper writes for the RJ Reynolds newspaper Pine Whispers. After taking Intro to Journalism, Cooper joined the Pine Whispers staff and later became the design editor. Here, Cooper has been able to write and connect with students around him.

“After taking Intro to Journalism, I pragmatically decided to continue with my Pine Whispers career,” Cooper said. “It was in the middle of the first year that I realized Pine Whispers offered the same connectivity and self development that music also provided me.”

Cooper has excelled at many things here at Reynolds and when he leaves Reynolds and heads off to college at the end of the school year, we will have lost a great musician as well as a great student.