Senior feature: Kimia Ashraf

Jack Holbrook, Staff Writer

While Kimia Ashraf is going to miss waking up in the morning and coming to Reynolds High School, she is ready for the next step in her life.

“I will definitely miss the familiarity of high school as I have grown up in Winston and have always been comfortable here,” Ashraf said.

Ashraf will be attending Boston University next year and will studying general studies for the first two years, eventually moving into political science.

“I chose Boston University because I love the city campus, diversity and the programs they offer,” Ashraf said.

Unlike many high school students, Ashraf pledged enormous amounts of effort and time into school.  She took college level courses throughout high school, but had some regrets about the path she took in hindsight.

“I definitely regret letting stress get to me so often.  Now that I have reached the goal I have been working towards, it almost feels numb because I didn’t let myself enjoy the past few years as much as I should,” Ashraf said.

Ashraf was known as a great student by many teachers including AP Literature and Composition teacher Mrs. Wiley.

“I wanted to give her a few breaks of what she could do, and she refused, and said she needed to get these things done,” Wiley said

Ashraf was an exceptional student at Reynolds High School, and her presence on campus will be greatly missed by many.