Senior feature: Kennedy Vest

Megan Curling, Editor-in-Chief

In her time at RJR, Kennedy Vest has created nothing but a positive reputation for herself.

Playing varsity golf and in orchestra for four years, Vest is known by many as a dependable and kind person.

In addition to being involved in athletics and performance arts, Vest is a talented visual artist.

“My favorite medium of art is drawing, mostly with charcoal or graphite,” Vest said. “I love incorporating lots of detail in blacks and whites which is why I prefer drawing over painting.”

Despite struggling with making decisions as to what classes to take in high school, Vest has loved her time at Reynolds, especially the encouragement from both her art teacher and golf coach.

“Going to a very diverse school has been a great experience and has taught me a lot,” Vest added. “All of the classes have been fun and fulfilling and the many different people I’ve met at RJR have made my high school just that much better.”

Although her plans for the future are still unsure, Vest has big aspirations for her career.

“My dream would be to study biology and go into lab work maybe at the Wake Forest Biotech center downtown,” Vest said.

As her time ends at Reynolds, the friend to all will undoubtedly succeed in whatever she does, something her friends unanimously agree on.

“She always has the power to make people laugh, no matter how their day is going,” senior Skylar Beam said. “She always has a smile on her face with everything she does.”