Senior feature: Jessie McKay

Kimia Ashraf, Staff Writer

If you spend a lot of time in the orchestra room or around the first floor’s array of art classes, you have most likely crossed paths with Jessie McKay, a talented student, artist, musician, and friend.

McKay is an accomplished violinist who made it into the Winston Salem symphony this year.

“[The symphony] has pushed me to better myself in that area,” McKay said.

She has devoted much of her time here at Reynolds to orchestra and art and plans on attending Liberty University next year in hopes of studying music.

McKay’s artistic talent blows away many, as she creates a vast variety of work with several mediums, ranging from portraits to landscapes. She has even placed in multiple art shows.

To add to the variety of activities she is involved in, she has also participated in the Reynolds’ cross country team during her high school journey.

“This year has been much better than previous years because the team has gotten much closer,” McKay said. “It’s been fun.”

McKay’s friends also speak highly of her genuine and kind personality.

“Jessie is so sweet and is such a genuine friend, always checking up on me at random times and constantly making me laugh,” senior Kennedy Vest said. “She has a shy shell but once you truly get to know her, you see that energetic personality shine through. Being around her encouraging self brings me joy and it’s amazing that I can call her my friend!”