Krispy Kreme to Deliver

Jack Holbrook, Staff Writer

By Jack Holbrook

Krispy Kreme recently launched a delivery service in the Triad, after partnering with the delivery website  Grubhub.com. Krispy Kreme believes this delivery system will be great for sporting and celebrative events as well as any other occasion that demands deserts and seasonal offerings.  Orders can be made by going through Krispy Kreme’s website, and will be launching on their app soon. Generally, Krispy Kreme has a delivery range within 5 miles of the store you are ordering from, but this does vary with each location.  Orders must be a minimum of $7.99 to be delivered. The company hopes to offer delivery services in all of their domestic locations by 2019.

As far as this delivery system goes on the R. J. Reynolds campus, many students are excited about the launching.  

“I am 100% going to utilize the delivery system.  Who wouldn’t want doughnuts delivered right to them,” junior Henry Phillips said.  In a society where people want to get things the easiest possible way, this service should be a hit”.

Another aspect of the service students are looking forward to is the efficiency and accessibility it offers.  

“I think it would be really easy, especially when I am hanging out with my friends.  I can just order some doughnuts to my house and it would be a lot easier”, junior Paul Mclean said.   Delivery services like these have carried a bad reputation on campus in the past.

One of the major questions looming around campus is whether or not administration will reconsider the policy about food deliveries with the addition of the Krispy Kreme service.

“I don’t think it’s a matter of whether we will allow it or not, because it is in policy that we can’t allow delivery on campus.  Our campus is a closed campus, that is a school board policy, and so we are not allowed to have food deliveries on campus for students during the school hours,”assistant principal Mrs. Archie said.

This policy has caused controversy in the past.  Students argue that delivery services such as Krispy Kreme should be allowed on campus.  

“I think it should be allowed because I think students should have the freedom to be able to get food delivered to them on campus.  I really think it’s kind of an archaic rule, an old school rule that is meaningless and pointless quite frankly,” senior Ryan Eisner said.

Although students are excited about the launching of Krispy Kreme’s delivery and believe the rules are foolish, it will not be enough to change school board policy.  Krispy Kreme delivery is going to have to be something utilized out of school.

Photo Provided by Creative Commons