Infinite Hype for Avengers: Infinity War

Emily Matthews, Staff Writer

Marvel has never failed to amaze fans with thrilling, action packed superhero films. Their latest movie, Avengers: Infinity War, looks to be no exception. With the release date coming near on April 27, there is a lot to anticipate for the third installment in the Avengers cinema trifecta.

The movie has been given a PG-13 rating and is described as a science fiction/fantasy flick. Directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, the movie takes place two years after the Avengers were torn apart at the end of the last film. Thanos, the movie’s villain, arrives back to earth to collect the Infinity Stones: his key to infinite power. The Avengers are left to join forces with the Guardians of the Galaxy to stop Thanos and protect the universe as they know it.

Not only does the movie have an exciting plot, but the cast is nothing shy of fantastic. Chris Pratt, Scarlett Johansson, and Robert Downey Jr. are just a few members of the team, so it’s no wonder everyone is getting excited over the release of the movie.

If you are interested in going to watch the movie, you’re in for a ride, and a long one at that. Marvel decided to fit all of the content into one movie instead of two, as they were previously expected to do. The movie runtime is a whopping two hours and forty minutes, so make sure to buy plenty of popcorn with your movie tickets!

Fans are raving about the new movie, ready to see what Marvel has to offer.

“I’m excited to see all these worlds come together finally in one movie. I think it’ll be interesting to see how they interact. I really want to see how they work in Guardians of the Galaxy” English teacher Stephanie Walters said.

Freshman Caroline Kindsvater also had a lot to say about the release of the movie.

“I’m so excited for it. I’ve been waiting for this movie for this forever. I’m excited to see Captain America” Kindsvater said. I guess it’s safe to say that fans are buzzing with anticipation  for the release of what Fandango has labeled as the “most anticipated movie of 2018.” So buy your tickets and get to the theater on April 27 for an action packed film with all of your favorite superheroes!