Rawlings going abroad?

Rawlings going abroad?

John Paynter, Staff Writer

Oxford University, the oldest and often regarded as the most prestigious, university in the world recently accepted Reynolds senior, Will Rawlings, to attend Magdalen College of Oxford.

You may have seen Rawlings leading the men’s soccer team this past fall, however, he not only excels on the fields yet goes above and beyond in the classroom, as valedictorian of his class, he puts a whole new meaning to the title, student athlete.

“I am majoring in Biological Sciences,” Rawlings said. “I plan on getting my PHD in molecular epidemiology, as of now.”

Oxford University was founded almost one thousand years ago, graduating some of the most famous doctors, philosophers, writers, etc. to ever walk the earth. To this day, it is one of the most highly selective universities in the world, with a 9% international acceptance rate.

“I applied because I thought, if I got in, it would be an incredible opportunity to study under some of the best professors in the world with a bunch of people from around the world.” Rawlings said. “If I go, however, I am [not] looking forward to being far away from my family and friends.”

Magdalen College, founded in 1458, is a historic landmark of Oxford, presenting the Magdalen Tower that is extended 144 feet in the air and is the tallest stone tower of the University. Aside from its unmatched beauty, the tower also holds the tradition of the May Morning celebration on the first of May; a celebration that dates back to the days of King Henry VII.

“I am most looking forward to being challenged academically and meeting all the people from around the world.” Rawlings said.

After Oxford graduates like, Stephen Hawking, J.R.R Tolkien, Oscar Wilde, C.S. Lewis, etc. Who’s next? Will Rawlings?