Pine Whispers

The Ultimate Ranking of Christmas Movies

CBS /Landov

CBS /Landov

Emily Matthews, Staff Writer

There are so many reasons to look forward to the holiday season. The food, the family, the general warmth and excitement that is associated with the end of the year. One thing that I look forward to in particular is curling up with a good Christmas movie. However, there are so many, it is hard to tell which should be given a thumbs up. The following is a list of the top ten best Christmas movies of all time, in order. Make sure to add these flicks to your list this holiday season, and have a fantastic break!

1. Home Alone: This encompasses all of the movies in the series, as they are all set around Christmas Time. This movie is about a young boy left alone for the holidays, and follows him as he manages to get himself into incredible situations. It is highly advised that you watch at least one of the Home Alones this holiday season, and ignite that long lost feeling of childhood mischief.

1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: A classic stop motion movie, while it airs on the shorter side, you absolutely cannot go a Christmas without watching this cinematic masterpiece. The movie chronicles the struggles of Rudolph, the only red nosed reindeer in the North Pole.

1. A Charlie Brown Christmas: This one is pretty self explanatory- if it’s Charlie Brown, you gotta watch it!

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Whether it’s the cartoon version or the one with the talented Jim Carrey, this flick is a must watch for this holiday season.

1. Elf: Will Ferrell manages to bring both a comedic and heartwarming piece to the screens in this 2003 movie. About an elf who find his way to New York City after spending his life in the North Pole, this movie will have you laughing and crying all at the same time.

1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation: About a family’s crazy holiday experiences, this movie is sure to make you laugh and capture your heart.

1. Polar Express: A childhood favorite of mine, this movie is sure to bring nostalgia to everyone who watches it

1. A Christmas Carol: The original version of this is by far the best, and is sure to get you in the Christmas spirit and put a smile on your face.

1. A Christmas Story: From leg lamps to Red Ryders, this movie is sure to make you laugh and give you and your family a sense of togetherness.

1.  It’s A Wonderful Life: By far the best Christmas movie ever, this black and white movie follows a small town boy’s life gone wrong. If you watch any movie this holiday season make sure you include this one. It is a classic in every sense.