Prometheans Board Campus

Fleet Wilson, Editor in Chief

High school students across Winston-Salem will be arriving to class in the coming months in the midst of an educational revolution. No longer do we exist in the world of shotty projectors and faulty technology, come February, we exist in the land of the Promethean Board.

The Promethean Board may look and sound like some omniscient science fiction device descending into each classroom, and some may argue this argue this sentiment may be valid.

“It does everything, teachers can hook their laptops to it, there’s a whiteboard that kids can write on with their finger, they can show videos on the screen, they can show a presentations, it’s very lightweight, it’s small enough to be moveable, and teachers can even use it in small groups,” Head Librarian Cynthia Curtis explained. “It will be awesome.”

The Promethean Boards will arrive courtesy of the Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools Technology department, and students can expect the devices to begin showing up at the beginning of 2nd semester. Phase 1 of the technology integration, which begins in February, will see these boards being assigned to every core class in the building. This means a Promethean will be present in all english, math, science, and social studies classrooms.

We let a couple of Demons take a gander at the new boards to gauge their excitement. Here were their reactions.