Pine Whispers

Comments (5)

All Pine Whispers Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• K

Karen FlowersMay 11, 2015 at 3:17 pm

James, I am sure Reese’s family will be forever grateful for your gift. Odd sounding as that may be, you do provide a gift of purpose in your words. A gift to all of us to think about our lives and the ephemeral quality of life – here today and gone tomorrow. Thank you for helping us remember we should live each day to its fullest. Thank you for sharing your gift.

Reply
  • R

Randy SwikleMay 9, 2015 at 6:56 am

The insights you provide can help people sort their feelings, and your sensitivities can help them deal with their sorrows. On many levels, your words serve a grieving community in ways that nurture healing. Thanks for your beautiful comments.
    Randy Swikle, Illinois Press Foundation Board Member

Reply
  • D

Deboah McGheeMay 9, 2015 at 12:17 am

James,
    This was a great article. I am sure the parents of the young man involved felt better after reading this. Such a horrible thing for a young person to experience, or anyone for that matter. Like you stated, “This could have been me.” Anytime something bad like this happens, we all start to “think.”

Reply
  • A

AmyBith Gardner HarleeMay 8, 2015 at 12:57 pm

James, Thank you for this thoughtful response. It is a difficult task to cover a story such as this, but it is also remiss to not cover it and thereby ignore it. This is what thought-provoking and compassionate journalism should be like more often.

Dr. Harlee–Curriculum and Testing Coordinator, RJR

Reply
  • K

Katie HornungMay 8, 2015 at 11:33 am

James, your Op-Ed has both moved and inspired me. I will be sharing this with my own journalism group as I begin to train them for next year’s yearbook campaign. Thank you for this perspective- it’s much needed in the world.

-Fredericksburg, Virginia

Reply
Activate Search
The Student News Site of RJ Reynolds High School
Commentary: Tragedy should be a wake-up call for all